Saturday, October 10, 2020

Simple baked salmon


I've been at home for the past week, not because of the lockdown in Israel but because it's the "Festival of Booths" during which traditionally (in our company) office workers use their holiday days and stay at home. This isn't to say that I've been idle - the work on the Priority cross referencer and Delphi unicode programs is evidence of that.

As a result of being at home, I decided to change my cooking/eating habits: instead of making a pot full of chicken breast or meat balls with vegetables for the entire week, I bought a 'plank' of salmon, cut it into portions and every day I would bake a portion in the oven, served along with steamed vegetables.

The recipe is extremely simple: spread a sheet of baking paper on an oven pan, drip a few drops of olive oil on the paper, rub a salmon portion in the oil and leave it with the skin upwards. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Serve along with steamed vegetables. Simple, nutritious and above all, tasty.

Next week it's back to the office so I'll get out the trusty slow cooker and cook up a batch of meat balls and vegetables.

No comments: