Friday, August 31, 2012

Fomer school friend knighted

I don't know quite why the urge arrived, but just now I googled an old school friend of mine, Timothy Holroyde. To be honest, I don't quite remember how we were friends as he was a year in front of me; I seem to recall that he lived nearby and was a classical scholar. I once hosted a fairly boring party at my house and he was a guest of honour.

I've tried googling other old friends, but apart from finding one person who seems to work for the Board of Education, I've only drawn blanks.

Anyway, Google started returning links to a Timothy Holroyde who had been knighted and appointed to be a Justice of the High Court. Could this be the same Tim that I knew, head boy of Bristol Grammar School in 1973?

The Queen has been pleased to approve that the honour of Knighthood be conferred upon Timothy Victor Holroyde Esq. Q.C and His Honour Judge Gary Robert Hickinbottom on their appointments as Justices of the High Court.
Notes for Editors
Timothy Victor Holroyde: Born in 1955 and educated at Bristol Grammar School; Wadham College, Oxford. Called to the Bar, Middle Temple, 1977; A Recorder since 1997; Bencher, 2005.

And this story is from January 2009! Well done, Sir! 

No comments: