Saturday, September 14, 2024

Remixing 'Tribe'

On and off, I've been listening to 'the new album' via the stereo system in the living room. I have to say that some of the songs sound a bit 'samey' so I thought that I would remix one. At first I thought that the most 'samey' song was 'Another sleepless night'1 but then I realised that the song that needed work was 'Looking for his tribe'2

The first thing that I did was delay the entrance of the live guitar until the first bridge; this opens up the opening verses. Then I changed the sound of the instrument playing the solos; this was a pipe organ but in the living room it sounds very undistinguished, so this was replaced with a spacey sounding synth. The opening four bars weren't very good, so I replaced the string pad playing the opening chords with arpeggiated harp.

The most radical change was dropping out all of the MIDI instruments (save drums) for the second bridge; this is now accompanied solely by live guitar. But to spice this up, I created a harmony vocal that adds a little variety.

Unfortunately, creating a new mix for this specific song means that I have to create a new video and upload this new video to YouTube.

Internal links
[1] 1778
[2] 1727



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
28114/09/2010A twilight health stageHealth
40514/09/2011Firebird DB managementProgramming, Delphi, Firebird
51014/09/2012Happy New Year!Jewish holidays
97414/09/2016Intermediate submission accepted!DBA
166214/09/2023A long, long dayJewish holidays, Health, Guitars, Musical group

No comments: