Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Temu surprises!

Once again, I am surprised by Temu. After writing1 a week ago about macramé owls and 'arm table clip on trays', that parcel has arrived, delivered to my door! I didn't even receive any advance warning; that large parcel took all of one week to arrive, and also I didn't pay any customs duties, even though the price exceeded $75. I received another parcel yesterday that took maybe two weeks to arrive and it was delivered to the kibbutz 'post office' so I had to walk there in the sweltering heat.

I've got another order ready, also priced around the $75 mark (it depends on which currency exchange rate one uses). The most interesting item for me is, as it happens, the cheapest, and is billed as a 'Reusable Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat'. I've been thinking about a product like this for some time and I think that I've found what I'm looking for. I won't be using it as a BBQ grill mat, but rather intend to use it within the slow cooker when cooking braised beef: the meat is at the bottom of the cooker, the mat will lie on top of the meat and the vegetables will lie on top of the mat. This way I will have a clean separation of meat and vegetables for serving purposes. The mat shouldn't affect the taste of the meat or vegetables. 

My wife is more picky than I am and she wasn't very pleased with the macramé owls that arrived today: she says that they look more like monsters than owls. So I've had to order more owls, similar but different, causing me to bump an intended purchase of mine to another order for the second time.

Internal links
[1] 1812



This day in history:

Blog #
Date
TitleTags
40310/09/2011
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the worldIsrael
50810/09/2012
PDF gamesProgramming, Computer

No comments: