Saturday, June 13, 2020

First swim for this year

The opening of the kibbutz swimming pool was delayed this year because of Covid-19, but it is now open (it might have been open since last week). Today I had the opportunity of making my first swim of the year. It was very similar to the first swim of last year: my left arm starting hurting after a few lengths but the pain disappeared as I carried on. My right ear hurt - this is something new. I couldn't get my swimming headphones to work, even though I supposedly charged them the day before. As the day was hot (the temperature reached 37°C in the afternoon) and the water was cool, the difference between the two (which is what we feel) was great: I felt like I was swimming through ice for the first length. 

Oh yes: I swam 16 lengths, which seems to be my distance for my first swim; I wonder how far I'll swim next week. Then I came home and after showering and drinking tea, I fell asleep for an hour.

[Edit from a few days later] I didn't charge the mp3 player at all. I mistakenly tried to plug the usb adapter directly into a computer, forgetting that I had a special cable for this. Today I found the cable, and connected everything, after which the player began showing a red light: presumably a sign of charging.

No comments: