Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Playing with fire (DCI Banks, TV)

I have now seen both episodes of 'Playing with fire'. I find it very difficult to comment on the programmes because the plot was very different from the book. I couldn't watch them as if the story were new and unknown to me.

Somehow I get the feeling that I wouldn't continue watching this series if I didn't know and love the books.

I could list the differences but there seem to be so many, and what's the point of doing so, anyway? It's not going to change anything.

On the other hand, there is the excellent series New Tricks, which I very much enjoy - but don't record for posterity. My wife even watched most of an episode yesterday - she had to go before the end, but asked me to tell her 'who dun it'. As it happens, that episode left the issue unresolved.

No comments: