Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Share with you (continued)

After a few more days of cogitation, the new "Share with you" has been uploaded to Soundclick.

Over three days, I recorded vocal tracks which were ok, but not wonderful. The problem, I realised today, was that the close harmony in the second verse was cluttering up the sound of the song and so I decided only to sing harmony on the "share with you" hook (not that's it's much of a hook).

As there is also a mini-modulation in the second verse causing me to sing very high notes, I decided to take the song down a key. At the same time, I decided to speed it up a little (104 bpm instead of 100).

Whilst in the mood for changes, I changed the introduction and also a few lines in the 7/4 solo.

The song still sounds basically the same as it did a week ago, but now I hope that it's better.

No comments: