I try to go for a walk after breakfast; as in previous days, I walked up to the food supermarket. A bit further on is the office for the ferry line with which we are travelling back to Piraeus - this is not the same line with which we came and I need to have our tickets printed. The office had yet to open so that was one thing that didn't happen. I wanted to buy a large bottle of water but the supermarket appeared to sell only bundles of four or six bottles and I don't know how well they would have taken it had I opened one of those bundles. I started walking back in the direction of our flat, looking for the shop that had linen shirts in its display. I found the shop but they didn't have a shirt in the correct size. So, 0/3 so far. I walked back to the ferry office that was now open, but the reference numbers that I had written down weren't correct, so I was scoring 0/4.
Walking back towards our flat, I found a second shop that amongst other items sold linen shirts, and this time I was able to find two large enough for me. One is with short sleeves and one with long sleeves; they're not exactly the colours that I had wanted but I'm prepared to compromise. Very close to our flat I found a shop that sold me a single large bottle of water for only 1€. Back in the flat, I looked at the some of the emails that I had received from the ferry company and this time I found 'better numbers'. I then had a quick cold shower and then we were out of the flat, waiting for the local bus.
After this, more resting. It may seem that we are not doing very much with our time, which is quite true, but on the other hand, we are simply having a rest. It's also true that these days I don't do that much at home either but then I don't rest with sea views and yachts in the background. Apart from the one day when it was cool, most days are quite hot and walking around in that heat saps the strength.
Tomorrow morning will be devoted to packing up and cleaning, before we catch our ferry back to Piraeus at 4:30 pm (our flight leaves at midnight). Obviously there will be several hours in which we will have little to do so this means more hours of lying around and reading. There will not be a blog tomorrow and in fact I doubt that there will be any blogging in the next few days as Sunday evening and Monday are Yom Kippur. On Tuesday morning we'll pick up the dog who had been having fun in the kennels (we hope).
Something that I have neglected to mention about Poros old city: the houses here are not the typical Greek white and blue houses that one tends to imagine (such as in Santorini). Here the houses are more Italianate, that probably is due to the time when Venice ruled this area.
| Title | Tags | ||
|---|---|---|---|
| 10 | Little criminals | Randy Newman | |
| 407 | Continuing the diet | Diet, Acupuncture | |
| 757 | Walking with the GPS | Health, Mobile phone | |
| 1073 | Literature review - I don't believe this! | ERP, DBA | |
| 1169 | Vinyl log #29 - 17 September | Vinyl log, City Boy | |
| 1425 | Popup menus: a misconception | Programming, Delphi | |
| 1665 | Trident Studios inconsistency (why was 'Ride a white swan' recorded on 8 track?) | Multi-track |

No comments:
Post a Comment