Sunday, September 18, 2011

Continuing the diet

I wrote a month ago about starting a diet. I have been keeping to the diet quite strictly (although I've been drinking more milk and eating less quinoa as time passes), as well as exercising in the evenings (walking swiftly for 30-40 minutes). Last week's acupuncture treatment left me with a stapled left ear, which is supposed to reduce my appetite. It's become clear to me that whilst it's important to reduce the amount of food that I eat, it's also a psychological problem which becomes apparent over the weekend (when it's all too easy to eat a biscuit instead of a cucumber).

Anyway, I weighed myself in the clinic on Friday, when I was having a 10 year tetanus booster. To my surprise, I had shed three kilograms from my weight!  I haven't felt any different, but I should point out that today I am wearing a pair of trousers which I haven't been able to wear in years - albeit without a belt. This is definitely good news, and the sort of positive reinforcement that one needs to keep on doing whatever has been done in the past month in order to continue losing weight.

No comments: