Friday, September 11, 2026

New Year's greeting

This year, amongst the various pictures and videos that I have received for the Jewish New Year (starting tonight), I have noticed a new trend: an AI 'enhanced' picture of a family. This can be done easily via the Gemini application on my phone. I created the picture on the left as an 'impressionistic saxophonist', but I'm well aware that my current level of playing wouldn't allow me to ply my trade in a park. 

I have to say that this picture bares almost no resemblance to the original picture! My face is recognisable but I can assure any reader that I certainly wasn't smiling in the original; I was too busy concentrating. Apart from anything else, I was sitting, not standing.

Here's a more conventional greeting.




This day in blog history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
611/09/2005Song uploadsSoundclick
711/09/2005CommentsMeta-blogging
19811/09/2009Sandy Denny in "Ma'ariv"Sandy Denny
40411/09/2011Fictional MI5TV series, John Le Carre, MI5, Stella Rimington
75511/09/2014Last of the Luddites Mobile phone
116711/09/2018New Year holidayDBA, Personal, Swimming
125711/09/2019Mobile phone problem ... solvedMobile phone
142111/09/2021Chicken and rice together in one pot (2)Cooking
142211/09/2021Smart watch (2)Mobile phone, Walking, Swimming
152711/09/2022The ink black heart (2)Cormoran Strike
181811/09/2024Guitar setupGuitars
199811/09/2025Rapallo log 8 - A day offHoliday, Italy, Rapallo

No comments: