Wednesday, January 31, 2024

NOT the end of an era

At the beginning of this month, I wrote how my company had decided not to renew the insurance for my motorcycle, thus bringing my life-long "career" with motorcycles to an end. But an encounter with a vice-president of the company who has a 1000+ cc bike persuaded the powers that be to investigate further the possibility of obtaining motorcyle insurance for a more reasonable sum. No cyclist has comprehensive insurance so the hefty premium originally demanded was reduced by more than half.

Today I was sent the new compulsory insurance policy, at the cost of 5365 NIS - about one thousand less than it was last year. It will be valid from February 1 so maybe I'll take the bike out of its hibernation and give it a test run. The weather has been inclement in the past week, so I wouldn't have ridden the bike even had I needed to.



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
54431/01/2013DBA exam results (not yet)DBA
67131/01/2014IBR 2/3 exam results!DBA
92331/01/2016A managerial reason for opposing the use of spreadsheetsDBA

No comments: