Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Grand-daughter #3

This is the good event to which I alluded in my end of year blog from a few days ago. We'll only get a chance to see our new grand-daughter tomorrow.




As I wrote a few days ago, I had a case of strep throat and took antibiotics for this. These hastened the end of the infection, but it seems that I had a late-developing allergic reaction to the antibiotics as my back turned red and became very itchy. I could feel small bubbles on my back, and these made it very difficult to sleep as I couldn't find a position that minimised the itchiness. Rubbing aloe vera gel on my back helped reduce the itchiness a little but didn't affect the rash itself that spread to my chest. On Monday night I was tossing and turning for several hours until about 1:30 am when I got up and had a hot shower. Afterwards I went back to bed ... and the next thing I knew was that it was morning. 

Yesterday I managed to snag an emergency appointment with my GP who prescribed an antihistamine medicine. Despite taking one pill yesterday, there was little improvement (if at all), and again last night I was tossing and turning until I got up for a hot shower at midnight. Again, I fell asleep almost immediately when I returned to bed.

I have now finished the course of antibiotics and have taken a second antihistamine pill. The itching seems to be slightly reduced, but the real test will come at night. At least this time I know that if I can't fall asleep, I'll have another hot shower (I shower before I go to bed).



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
79303/01/2015Memories of Richard and Linda Thompson from 40 years agoPersonal, Richard Thompson, 1975, Walking

No comments: