I picked up my second automatic syringe of Ajovy1 from the pharmacy last Wednesday. When I came to inject, I removed the needle guard but for some reason, I thought that too much of the syringe had been revealed. A moment later, the syringe started squirting its contents over the kitchen table and on the floor. My dose had been wasted.
Fortunately, the next day I had an appointment with my GP on other matters (mainly cleaning up the mess regarding my stomach pains and reducing the dosage of omepradex back to 20 mg daily) and I took with me the syringe so that I could discard it in the clinic's 'sharps' bucket. I told the nurse what happened and she reckoned that I could get a new syringe from the pharmacy; I doubted this as the pharmacy has a special order for me and so there won't be any extra syringes.
I mentioned this to the GP who said that if I phone the pharmaceutical company's service line, I could probably get a replacement syringe. She gave me a new prescription and signed it. When I got through to the support, I explained what happened and eventually was passed on to a nurse who went through all that had happened. She asked for the prescription which I had scanned in the mean time and said that a pharmacy would deliver a new syringe on Sunday. She also wanted to be online with me when I injected, something that I forgot.
The pharmacy got in touch with me on Sunday and said that the earliest that they could deliver was Tuesday (ie today). This morning the dog started barking with apparently no reason, meaning that there was a delivery man outside. He gave me the syringe that had been solidly packed in a cool box and I gave him the paperwork and the old syringe.
When I came to inject, I though that the needle guard was a simple piece of transparent plastic guarding the head, but when I came to remove it, the same part that was removed last week came free. I then pressed the syringe to my belly and I heard the click that meant that the syringe was now working. It looks like the only thing wrong with the original syringe was my expectations. Presumably next month will be much smoother.
Does the medication work? My 'headache log' has three entries for September and in two cases, I noted that rizatriptan didn't seem to make any difference so these headaches might well be 'dehydration headaches' caused by the hot weather. I'll see what happens this month.
Internal links
[1] 2137
| Title | Tags | ||
|---|---|---|---|
| 412 | Rest in peace | RIP | |
| 980 | Health update | Health, Theanine, Donating blood | |
| 1533 | Weight and bp confirmed | Health | |
| 1673 | Belated discovery in Delphi: defining indexes on calculated fields | Delphi, ClientDataSet | |
| 2011 | Correcting CoPilot Prolog | Programming, Prolog, CoPilot |
No comments:
Post a Comment