Thursday, October 06, 2022

Weight and bp confirmed

I went to the clinic today, primarily to receive a flu innoculation (they had run out) but also to check my weight and blood pressure, to see if there is any significant difference between what I am measuring at home and what is measured at the clinic.

The blood pressure is slightly better than what I have been measuring, so I am somewhat reassured. But my weight is ± 85.5 kg, meaning that I have indeed added over 3 kg to my weight over the summer. The nurse was not particularly impressed and didn't suggest that I see a doctor about this.

I am taking matters into my own hands: I stopped eating rice biscuits at the beginning of the week after a television dietician said that these do not cause weight loss. I have gone back to my old habit of slicing a yellow bell pepper and eating the slices throughout the day. I am considering making changes in my oat cookies, replacing the jam, raisins and chocolate buttons with peanut butter; obviously this is going to change the taste, but also hopefully reduce the number of calories in each cookie. Finally I started this morning to eat bread without butter; whilst this affects the taste of the bread, it should again reduce the number of calories. Obviously I don't expect to see any difference this week, but hopefully next week's weighing will show an improvement.

No comments: