Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Mid-night revelations

Unfortunately, I often wake up twice during the night: the first time is normally two hours after having gone to bed and the second time is an hour or two later. I awake due to nocturia, that is caused by the various blood pressure medications that I take. After visiting the toilet, once back in bed I normally fall asleep almost immediately. 

Every now and then, I awake with a revelation on my tongue. This is normally due to the right hemisphere of my brain chewing on a problem and suddenly spits out the answer. It has happened that I have awoken with the (correct) reason as to why some program that I was writing wasn't working. 

Last night (or more accurately, early this morning), I awoke with the words 'ERP enhancement management' (EEM) on my tongue. This is a concept from my doctoral thesis, and is in fact one of the tenets of the thesis: I am trying to show that there is a need for this concept. What it means to me, though, is that I used this concept in the introduction chapter and in the conclusions chapter, but not in the middle of the thesis. More frequently I used the term 'development and deployment of enhancements'. I realised that I should replace this phrase whenever possible with EEM. 

I'm thinking that the examiners might see that I've defined this concept at the beginning then ignore it for the rest of the thesis until I suddenly pull it out of my hat again for the end. I should refer to this more often.



This day in history:

Blog # Date Title Tags
148 30/11/2008 Criminal Justice TV series
652 30/11/2013 Arik Einstein Israel, Obituary
988 30/11/2016 Backing up data Computer
1557 30/11/2022 Mid-night revelations DBA

No comments: