Monday, August 31, 2026

CD database/2

After converting all the data of this database1, the only programming that I've done so far is to define the form that retrieves concerts data according to the parameters passed along with the code necessary for adding and editing concerts. I tested this by adding the date of the concert when I saw 10cc - according to a site that I found,  they played three concerts at London's Hammersmith Odeon, on 17-19 February 1976. The entries come from the notebook in which I used to record the concerts; I threw the notebook out years ago after I copied all the data into the database so I can't check anything anymore.

There were two very interesting entries (at least, to me) towards the beginning of the list (these weren't the first concerts that I attended, but I didn't add data for those - Tom Paxton twice and Julie Felix): on 20/02/1970 I saw Fairport Convention supported by John and Beverley Martin, and on 22/03/1970 I saw Fotheringay supported by the Humblebums and Nick Drake. These data make sense of the mixed-up memories2 that I have about the support acts.

Internal links
[1] 2135
[2] 2044

This day in blog history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
5031/08/2006Pip Pyle, RIPObituary, RIP, Canterbury sound
50531/08/2012Fomer school friend knighted1972
116231/08/2018The search for the perfect mp3 playerMP3, Headphones

No comments: