About ten days ago, I slipped on the stairs leading to our flat. Fortunately, I was almost at the bottom of the staircase so I only fell two steps. My right forearm took most of the impact although somewhere else in my body also got hit. I lay there for a few minutes without moving, trying to get my breath back. I was taking the dog for her early morning walk - she didn't pull me causing me to slip, and when I was lying on the staircase, she simply waited for me to get up. It's not clear to me how I managed to slip - I think that my feet touched the front edge of the stair instead of the back.
Looking at my forearm a bit later, I could see that there was a minor abrasion but I didn't pay much attention to it. When I showed my arm to my wife, she said that there was a huge swelling in the area that I hadn't noticed because it was on the 'dark side of my arm'. It wasn't hurting very much (if at all), but I took an ibuprofen pill to help control the swelling.
The red area is easy to see but the yellow part, which starts slightly after the wrist and continues to past the elbow can't easily be seen in the photo. I don't want to manipulate the colours too much as otherwise it won't look natural.
The yellow is of course internal bruising and shows that the impact caused much more damage than I originally thought. But there are no broken bones, and it's just a matter of time until everything sorts itself out.
| Title | Tags | ||
|---|---|---|---|
| 188 | Speed III | Programming, Office automation | |
| 271 | Nice work | David Lodge | |
| 615 | Synchronicity | TV series | |
| 1058 | Sing Street (2) - A few more observations | Films | |
| 1521 | Kate Bush - a little harmonic analysis | Kate Bush, Music theory | |
| 1649 | The swimming pool show - addenda and updates | Musical group | |
| 1975 | The making of "Five leaves left" | Nick Drake, Joe Boyd |

No comments:
Post a Comment