Saturday, May 13, 2023

More problems with headphones

Slightly over a month ago, I wrote about the headphones that only play in mono and don't retain the volume setting. I also wrote that I was ordering another pair of headphones, in the hope that the new set did not suffer from the same problems.

The other evening we received a telephone call on our landline from a shop in Bet Shemesh: it seems that they received a parcel intended for me. This was, of course, the new set of headphones. I had received no notification that the headphones had arrived because for some reason the vendor had only my landline number that can't accept messages sent by SMS. Once we got past those problems, I charged the headphones' battery, inserted the SD card and set off for a walk ... only to discover that these headphones suffer from exactly the same problems - mono and not saving the volume.

I realised that these two no name sets of headphones probably have the same internal mp3 circuitry, thus explaining why they suffer from the same problems. This morning, I set about the surprisingly difficult task of finding a new set of headphones that have a brand name, an sd card slot and are available. It took quite some time before I found these, designated the Bluedio H+ Turbine Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Mic 4.1 Stereo Micro TF Card FM. These cost about twice the price of the previous no-name headphones, so hopefully these will work properly. No one mentioned in any of the reviews that the headphones play only in mono.

I could order via Amazon, where they are priced at about $41 with $16 shipping charges, or via Ebay, at $58 with no shipping charges. This latter price simply reflects the selling price with the shipping charges hidden. I ordered from the Ebay vendor.

When I came to pay via PayPal, I discovered why the Bet Shemesh shop had only my landline number: this was part of the PayPal address. So I edited my contact details to include the more useful telephone number. These should arrive within another few weeks.



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
58313/05/2013Delicate truthJohn Le Carre
84413/05/2015Vinyl log 10 - 13 May Vinyl log
113113/05/2018Even more on Delphi 7/Hebrew/Win10Delphi, Unicode

No comments: