Sunday, May 28, 2023

Musical group (2)

We held our third rehearsal last night, working on some new songs. I have to admit that I am not very satisfied with these rehearsals, for several reasons: the other guitarist overplays, the material itself is not to my taste, the pace of the rehearsals is too slow - too much talking about points that seem to me to be less important whilst ignoring discussion of dynamics and similar - and finally, we don't finish until late. I got home last night at 11 pm; maybe it was because of the torrid weather, but I felt very hot in bed and couldn't sleep, until about 12:30 am when I had a lukeward shower. All the time, one or other of the songs that we had worked on was playing in my head. So this morning I don't feel too bright or sharp after less than six hours sleep.

We are due to appear at the swimming pool in about five weeks time, during one of the evening swims. I have no doubt that we will be ready by then, as long as people stop suggesting extra songs to play. We have a list of seven songs, to which one or two may be added - if we can agree what they are. One of the singers keeps on suggesting Motown songs that don't sound very good.

Possibly a keyboard player is going to join us, making the sound even thicker and reducing the aural space that I can carve out for myself. Whilst this will introduce more possibilities, I suspect that we won't take full advantage of them.



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
13428/05/2008Back painsProgramming, CPAP, dvd, Back pain
17428/05/2009Holy Grail, part 2Programming, Office automation
71328/05/2014Stinging nettle teaHealth
85828/05/2015Vinyl log 11 - 28 MayRichard Thompson, Vinyl log, Fairport Convention
103528/05/2017Sgt PepperBeatles

No comments: