Thursday, May 18, 2023

Headphones sorted!

Whilst idly strolling though our local shopping mall, I thought that I would enter one of the mobile phone shops and see for future reference whether they had suitable headphones. Does it have a socket of a SD card? Yes. Does it play in stereo? Presumably. They had a few shelves' of headphones as pictured on the left - I could even choose the colour (black or beige; maybe there was another colour). I asked about returning the headphones if they were unsuitable; in a rather surly manner, I was told that there were no returns as the headphones are a 'sterile product'. The cost? Only 69 NIS, about $19, so even if they're no good, I'm not exactly out of pocket.

At home and looking for this product (hence the photo), I see that an Israeli website is selling these headphones for 109 NIS with another 29 NIS for delivery - twice the price!

I charged the headphones for an hour or two - at first I didn't see a LED that showed whether charging was still taking place, but later I saw it change to blue (fully charged) - then extracted the SD card from my previous set of headphones and inserted it into the new. I turned the headphones on; they want to pair via bluetooth. Another press of the same button and finally I can hear my songs in stereo and at a reasonable volume. Despite the fact that the box says 'intuitive controls', someone has a different idea of what 'intuitive' means. In a masterpiece of design, the 'next song' and 'increase volume' functions are on the same button; a long press moves the song on, whereas a short press increases the volume. The last set of headphones that I tried had opposite behaviour, where a long press would set the volume. At least, once I get to the correct song and a suitable volume, I won't have to touch these buttons again. 

So it seems that the headphone problem has been sorted!



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
85118/05/2015Florence log 4 - ICSE 2015DBA, Holiday, Florence, Italy
113418/05/2018A long term mystery solvedComputer
121818/05/2019Batsi (Greece 2)Holiday, Andros, Greece
121918/05/2019Chora (Greece 3)Holiday, Andros, Greece

Yes, four years since we were in Andros and eight since we were in Florence! I doubt that we will be going overseas this year.

No comments: