Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Italy 2022: Corso Cavour (2)

Today was a wash-out in more ways than one.

The morning was spent by my wife shopping. I walked around a bit.

Lunch was in an outdoor cafe with a strange menu. I had what might be termed a fusion dish consisting of rice, salmon, cucumbers, carrots, adamame and seaweed. The seaweed tasted really strange and was inedible as far as I am concerned, but the rest was tasty. Too much though: I couldn't eat it all.

In the early evening we had supper on our terrace, then walked down into the old city to see it lit up. It started raining when we were about half-way down Corso Cavour, and by the time we got to the old city, it was raining quite heavily. The only activity that I could see were restaurants, so we gave up on that.


I had spotted a gelateria on one side of the street selling 'after eight' (i.e. mint chocolate) ice cream, so I made a bee-line for there and at least saved something of the day. By the time we had finished eating, the rain had stopped. The colours of some of the flavours were somewhat day-glo, especially cielo (sky) which was a virulent blue. I have no idea what that tastes like and I'm not sure that I want to know.

A long walk back to the flat, and that's that.

No comments: