Friday, September 15, 2023

Cropping videos

Via Google Photos, I finally managed to download the missing video from last night, 'Autumn Samba'. Having done so, I considered cropping the video, as a large amount of the screen is taken with, on one side the curtain behind us and above our heads, and on the other side the audience. I tried a few online cropping tools; both were very easy, but this one results in a slightly smaller file (although this might be a function of the cropping), but more importantly lacks the watermark of a different site. The file itself is slightly larger than the original, meaning that the phone that made the video compressed the data. The video can now be accessed here.


A few days ago I was watching yet another YouTube video showing how one can improve one's rhythm guitar playing. One of the suggestions was regarding the right hand: keep it moving down and up like a metronome, but hit the strings only when necessary. The samba rhythm is quite complicated, with plenty of off-beats being played; when I look at my right hand in the video, I can see it metronome like, even though I'm not playing all the strokes. In other words, I am playing exactly how the YT video suggests. Like athletes and sportsmen, I can see that I can improve my rhythm work by watching videos of myself playing.



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
915/09/2005MigraineMigraine
40615/09/2011Planning the SQLDelphi, SQL, Firebird
51115/09/2012My father's 90th birthdayPersonal, Father

Yes, had my father lived then todays would have been his 101th birthday.

No comments: