Monday, July 17, 2023

Dietician

Yesterday I had my long awaited appointment with the dietician (whose name is Daniel ... or Danielle: in Hebrew it wasn't possible to know in advance the gender of the dietician, but like 99% of all dieticians is female). The appointment began with my stating my goals (after having been asked): reduction in blood glucose and maintaining a reasonable low potassium diet. We had a conversation that ranged over many topics and lasted about an hour, but in the end, there was only one real recommendation: drink more water! (That means, drink less tea). I am also trying to increase the amount of non-digestible fibre in my diet, primarily by eating barley groats, as opposed to the pearl barley that I had been eating. The reason that there was only one major recommendation is that my diet is fine and does not need much more tinkering. 

Reflecting upon the appointment, there was one topic that was not raised: my weight. I didn't mention it as one of my targets and I forgot to mention that it has been decreasing over the past few months. The dietician didn't mention it either; considering my recent reading material, this means that she is not bothered by calorific count or reduction. 

She booked me a return appointment for another month, and asked that I repeat my blood tests a week before the appointment. Hopefully the adjustments that I have made over the past few weeks will make a difference.

As in common with southern Europe, the weather is very hot here (although less than in Italy); it's been like this for a week and we are promised (not the best word) another week. I find it very hard going as it's very difficult to find suitable time for walking and the heat itself causes no small amount of lassitude.



This day in history:

Blog #Date TitleTags
38617/07/2011Lucerne log (5)Holiday, Switzerland
61117/07/2013A radical change in our ERP programERP
73917/07/2014EAST and research questionnairesDBA, Organisation behaviour, Psychology
96217/07/2016More mobile phoneMobile phone, DCI Banks
124117/07/2019Losing weightHealth

No comments: