Sunday, April 17, 2022

It had to happen sooner or later

My wife didn't feel very good on Wednesday evening and spent Thursday and most of Friday in bed. It was clear that she had some form of viral infection, something from which she very rarely suffers. I felt fine during those days; on Saturday afternoon I finished a 5 km walk with the dog and watched a little television when I started to get a headache. That by itself didn't mean very much but then I began to feel my temperature rising. Two paracetamol tablets took about half an hour to have an effect and I began to feel a little better. I showered and went to bed early, but at 11 pm I was up again for more paracetamol.

This morning I awoke late (I am on holiday for the Passover week and there was no reason to get up early) but stayed in bed for some time before I felt strong enough to get up. Most of the morning passed by me watching YouTube videos on the television: no elevated temperature but weakness.

At about 12 pm, we decided to go to the local town where there is a free Covid testing site. After fiddling around with the web app, we had our throats and noses swabbed. The results didn't take long to come through - both of us are positive. Probably someone at our son's wedding infected my wife, she exhibited symptoms then infected me.

Although we're over 65 years old, we've both had four vaccinations, so we're not expecting anything more than a few days of flu symptoms. Fortunately we have enough food at home (we're not allowed out of the house) and I don't have to work, so in a sense, it was the right week to get infected. There are things that I would like to do but they will have to wait a few days.

It had to happen sooner or later.

No comments: