Thursday, March 09, 2023

That's all, say amen, close the door

The title of this blog is actually a Richard Thompson song that is supposedly (and quite probably) about Sandy Denny. I recorded a cover version of this several years ago, but that's not the point of this blog.

I have just uploaded my resubmitted doctoral thesis to the UK Turnitin site, from where it will be accessed by the university staff. I only have to pay another examination fee of £150 and then my thesis will be passed to the external examiners. That's all, say amen. This is not the end of the doctoral process - there still will be the viva exam - but I've written all that I have to write. Actually, that's not completely true: the examiners will probably ask for revisions, hopefully minor.

I have just looked at what I wrote nearly three years ago when I was in the same position, about the problems that I had including a pdf scan of the signed submission form along with the thesis itself. Just as well as I didn't even think of reading this, as today I took a completely different approach and completely the task within minutes. I scanned the submission form then included this into the thesis as a Word file; I submitted the Word file - no conversion to pdf. I hope that there will be no problems with this.



This day in history:

Blog #DateTitleTags
6809/03/2007Weekend migrainesMaccabi Tel Aviv, Migraine
55509/03/2013I'll never get those wasted hours backProgramming, Email, Problem solving, Nick Hornby
93009/03/2016Sir George Martin, RIPObituary, Beatles
120409/03/2019The Tel Aviv saxophone quartetAmbient music
137909/03/2021Sometimes it takes a long time for the light to go on in my headMIDI
158809/03/2023That's all, say amen, close the doorDBA

No comments: