Thursday, October 27, 2022

Emergency surgery

Got you going, right? 

This wasn't emergency surgery on one of the family, but rather on my mobile computer. As can be seen in the picture on the left, the frame that holds the screen has warped and the screen is no longer attached to the frame. I'm not sure when this started (certainly before Bari), but for some time there has been a little difficulty in closing the top of the computer. This has been getting worse and worse until the other night, when the plastic hinge that holds the frame snapped in two and the screen almost fell out.

Of course, I could continue working without problem, but obviously I had to seek help as soon as possible. I sent the picture to my computer repairman and he said that it would be a very easy fix (although clearly the frame has to match the screen size). 

As I needed the computer for consultancy work yesterday (Wednesday), I took it to him at about 8:30 pm last night. I received a whatsapp message at 7:05 am this morning that the computer was ready. So I walked over to his house (on the other side of the kibbutz, a good work-out) and picked up the computer on which I'm typing now. I've forgotten what it's like to close the lid properly.


No comments: