Wednesday, December 01, 2021

My body is like a barometer

I've discovered that I don't need a barometer or weather forecasts: my body tells me when it's hot or cold. The past few days have been very hot in Israel and as a result, my normally dry skin has become even dryer, making it very itchy. I checked the outside temperature, and our combined barometer/thermometer showed a maximum of 32.5°C; this explained why my legs were so itchy. I tried as much as possible not to scratch, but it's hard not to give in to temptation. I attempted to soothe/hydrate the skin on my legs with a variety of creams that were only partially successful.

Fortunately I was saved from the constant scratching by a change in the weather. Some time during the night I became aware that it was slightly painful for me to swallow, a condition that has yet to be alleviated by constant cups of tea. The reason for the pain is that it started raining just after 7 am (my half hour walk with the dog had me home at 6 am) and has been raining on and off since then.

I of course prefer neither hot nor cold weather, so that my body doesn't react.

No comments: