Saturday, December 18, 2021

A fruitful day, part three: continuing work on PrioXRef

I devoted about an hour and a half in the evening working on my Priority Cross-referencer and syntax checker. The details can be found on the other blog so I'm not going to write about them here. I just wanted to say that these hours were a bonus on top of what had turned out to be a very successful and fruitful day.

There are innumerous blues songs that start off with the words "I woke up this morning"; a quick search revealed "I woke up this morning/The blues all around my bed" (link); "I woke up this morning, feeling round for my shoes" (link); and "I woke up this morning with a awful aching head" (link). On the other hand, there's the perky song "You were on my mind" that also starts with "Well I woke up this morning and you were on my mind".

If I were writing such a song, it would start "I woke up this morning with ideas in my head"; it seems that the intellectual aspects of yesterday had passed from my left brain to the right, that started  ruminating on them, a process that lasted all night. As a result, my walk with the dog (and prior to that) had me thinking of

  • A replacement line for the new song "Building the life"
  • What to write in the latest draft thesis version
  • That I hadn't considered all the possible cases of 'LOOP' appearing in a Priority procedure. 
And now that I write that line about LOOP, I realise that there is also a case where RETVAL can occur outside of a cursor (after a 'select ... into' statement). Oops.

No comments: