Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sleeping even more deeply

Of course, after writing my previous blog entry on this topic, there were three days with no deep sleep whatsoever. When I saw this about a week ago, I considered the situation and realised that I had loaded four pieces onto the mp3 player. Only two were 'aimed' at increasing the number of delta waves, with the other two intended for increasing 'happiness' (I'm not sure which wave that is or even whether there is a 'happiness' wave). So I deleted the two 'offending' pieces from the player and slept several nights hearing only the two delta wave pieces (that sound like humpback whales - it's not music).

I looked at the data today: since 05/11/21, the numbers have been 45, 31, 2, 20, 0, 55 and 46 minutes respectively. I think that the 2 minutes night was the day that I deleted the pieces (last Monday); there is no explanation yet for Wednesday's poor showing (0 minutes). That night also had a high number of apneic events.

I could have reasonably expected that Thursday's figures would be poor as I went to bed late and was up in the middle of the night with a blocked nose. The usage time agrees with this - only 402 minutes as opposed to 495 minutes the day before - but strangely there were no apneic events at all, along with 55 minutes deep sleep. On Friday night/Saturday morning I 'slept in' - 549 minutes, the longest since 1/10 - but again no apneic events and 46 minutes deep sleep.

So it looks like I've hit on a winning formula to increase the amount of deep sleep that I get.

No comments: