Monday, October 10, 2011

Watching the weight / 2

A week has gone by since I last wrote about my weight. Interestingly, my weight stayed constantly at 80.6 kg all last week, even after fasting on Yom Kippur. What is more interesting is that yesterday afternoon I had my regular acupuncture and massage sessions and this morning, when I weighed myself, I had reached the psychological barrier of 80.0 kg.

I am making a tentative hypothesis that I am maintaining a constant weight during the week and that the acupuncture session itself (not the magnets in my ears) is causing an immediate loss of half a kilo, presumably by 'revving up' the stomach (yesterday I had four needles over my stomach and one on my foot). This hypothesis accounts for the weight loss patterns of the past two weeks.

One could argue that it doesn't matter what the cause is; the main thing is that I am losing weight. We shall see. I still have another three acupuncture treatments before the series comes to an end and it will be interesting to see what happens during those weeks. It will be more interesting to see what happens after I finish the series.

Of course, I have to do my part as well - heavy walking in the evening and maintaining the diet.

No comments: