Saturday, May 12, 2018

Checking out the new mp3 player

As I wrote last time, I've been very busy during the past two weeks, traveling every other day; next week, too, I will be traveling on Sunday and Wednesday. All this traveling has provided a good opportunity for testing the new mp3 player(s) which I bought via EBay.

Sound-wise the players are fine, as long as the headphones' plug sits securely in its socket. I've figured out how to use the volume control, something which may sound trivial, but this cheap and no frills player comes with no instructions and without ergonomic design. Well, they did cost only $1 each!

The major problem with the players is their battery capacity. A fully charged player gives upto two hours of uninterrupted listening, which is fine if I am traveling to Tel Aviv but not so good if I am traveling to the north, especially to Karmiel. In order to get around this problem, I take with me two fully charged players; I start off with one, then when it ceases playing, I extract the memory card (very easy) and place it in the other player. During the day, I charge the players (there's no sign that they're fully charged) so that they are ready for the return trip. The memory card remembers which song it was playing when it is transferred from one player to the other, in the same way that the card remembers where it is when the player is turned on.

We will be going on holiday to Italy again in a few weeks' time (as I put it, in order to further my studies in Italian ice cream); I suppose that I will have to take with me all three players, having charged them in advance.

No comments: