Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Watching the weight

When I started dieting, my weight was slightly over 85kg. I bought a digital weight scale (my mind wants to say that I bought a pair of scales, but scales now come as single items) which arrived at the beginning of last week, and my first measurement on the scale was 81.1 kg. Well done!

A few days later, I weighed myself again and noted a further 200g decrease; good. Then there were four days at home when the temptation to eat was presumably greater, and my weight returned to 81.1 kg on Sunday morning. Today is Tuesday, two days later, and my weight is now only 80.6 kg. Either I have lost half a kilo in two days or the previous measurement was wrong. I tend to believe the latter possibility, but the main point is that my weight is steadily decreasing.

There won't be any temptations to eat this weekend as it is the Yom Kippur fast. It will be interesting to see what my weight will be on Sunday morning.

As the logic puts it, the only real way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise more. I have been doing this religiously for the past five or six weeks and the results are clear. It is doubtful how much of this weight loss can be attributed to the acupuncture treatment which has been focused on two areas: pins in my ear for a week, and pins in my stomach for half an hour. The latter leaves me with a slight stomach ache all week; I don't know whether this ache is muscular or a sign that my stomach is working overtime (or maybe trying to adapt to less raw material on which to work).

No comments: