Saturday, November 15, 2008

Adele


Way back in June, I wrote the following: "Unfortunately, the song which I liked isn't on the record, which makes me wonder whether it was really her [Corinne Bailey Rae]. Every time I've tried searching for certain key lyrics in the song (I'm sure that she sang about "chasing paper"), I've found myriad references to The Beatles' "Two of us", and none to CBR."

I heard this song again on the radio and listened closely to the lyrics. It's not "chasing paper" but rather "chasing pavements", and armed with this information, I quickly tracked down the song's performer. Also a young British girl, albeit several years younger and living in London, as opposed to Leeds: Adele.


I like this song a lot, although I'm lukewarm regarding the rest of her record.

No comments: