Saturday, February 24, 2007

Post Mortem

I promised a report on last week's cholent: it tasted fine, but there was far too much liquid in it. I'll have to take this into account the next time I make the dish, probably next week - my wife loved it and lobbied me all week to make it again.

When not battling with the report generator at work (the documentation turns out to be not too useful and totally lacking examples), I've been working on a song at home. This one contains quite a few musical surprises.

I spent today working on Word and Excel automation from within a Delphi program. Maybe for some people this is old hat, but the Word automation is new to me. I suppose that I've never needed it before because I've always maintained that the Delphi program should and can do anything which it needs to do. In this case, it's part of a pyschological testing progam, and we want to give the testee a report of how s/he did; there's some complex formatting to be done along with boilerplate text, and it does make sense to do this in Word - match the tool to the task.

I've also been battling with an unusual migraine all day, which is why I don't feel like elaborating very much on any of the above subjects.

No comments: