Wednesday, June 16, 2021

15 June 2021

A special day.

In my teens, I had several close friends whose birthdays fell between 15-19 June. Unfortunately, I lost contact with all of them years ago and no longer remember accurately whose birthday fell when. So if it's yours on 15 June, Happy Birthday!

More importantly, this is the day that the Israeli ministry of health rescinded the order about wearing masks. We are now free of mask wearing, except in hospitals and old age homes. The kibbutz clinic issued an instruction (a warning?) that masks should be worn by those with upper respiratory tract infections, but probably the warning extends to everyone. I've been a frequent visitor to health clinics in the past few weeks but now I have no outstanding appointments for a few weeks. 

Coincidentally, I made my first trip to Karmiel in what is probably a year and a half. It seems that nothing has changed in that time, although obviously I missed all the changes. I don't know whether this visit is going to be the harbinger of future visits: I made an exception because I had three consecutive meetings with the CEO and I wanted to see the infamous 'nesting' machine and the 'automatic warehouse'. I think that I'll travel to Tel Aviv in a week or so in order to give a new employee a training session with Priority but other than that, there seems to be no incentive or imperative to travel.

The automatic warehouse opens all kinds of possibilities and will allow several changes to occur with respect to how the wood planks are purchased and removed from inventory. Consider this post of mine from 12 years ago (!); almost nothing has changed in that period, but finally that era is over. The automatic warehouse allows us to know every minute how many planks are in inventory; I will add to this the requirements and so everyone will be able to see how much inventory needs to be ordered.

No comments: