Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dates

Did I mention that my daughter is getting married?

She's been working on getting the hall that she wants at a price per head that she is willing to pay (or to put it another way: guests here are expected to cover the cost of their place; if the hall charges 250 NIS, then a couple will be expected to give a 500 NIS present, but of course, no guest knows exactly how much the hall will charge). Once we have a hall at the right price, then we have a date.

She was torn between the hall that she wants (in Modi'in) which is in great demand, which means that it is expensive, and a hall that she doesn't want in Jerusalem which would be cheap. Finally she settled on the hall in Modi'in, with the compromise that the wedding be held in March (prices are cheaper before Pesach, April 2014). We heard this on Friday morning.


A few days ago, I read in an Israeli newspaper that the King Crimson offshoot group, The Crimson ProjeKCt (consisting of three one-time KC members Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Pat Mastelloto and three others) will be coming to Israel for one concert in March. As this seemed far off in the future, I hadn't bothered yet to check what the actual date will be.

We joked on Friday morning that I would have a tough choice should the Crimson ProjecKCt appear on the same day as the wedding. What should I do? (Of course, there is no real choice whatsoever). There are 31 days in March, I said to myself, so there is a 3% chance that the two events will fall on the same day.

Today I decided to find out when that concert will be. In so doing, I stumbled upon an Israeli site about progressive music, which probably will receive return visits. Anyway, the concert will be held on March 5, 2014.

The date for the wedding? You guessed: Wednesday, March 5, 2014.

So much for the Crimson ProjeKCt....

No comments: