Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Network card

I'm typing this from a mobile computer whilst sitting in a crowded train travelling from the north of Israel to Tel Aviv. I've had a laptop for some time, but have never been able to use it on trains because I didn't have a network card that connects to a mobile supplier. Finally today I got the long waited card and of course wasted no opportunity to start using it. As the connection is not via the work network (to which I have to connect via VPN), I am free to point my browser at whatever site I want, which is what enables me to write this entry.

There are some train journeys in which the computer is going to prove invaluable - I could have done with it this morning when I received several phone calls on my way up north - but there are also going to be times when using it is impractical. It's not very easy at the moment - the train is more than full, and before there were groups of youngsters walking up and down the aisles and bumping into my elbow.  But even so.... 

We have just arrived at the Binyamina station and it's time to log off.

No comments: