Tuesday, December 01, 2020

E-hour minus 4

My doctoral viva will start in another four hours. There isn't very much that I can do in terms of preparing material; it's more a question of being in the correct frame of mind. At today is the first of the month, I had several monthly reports to prepare, but as soon as I finished them (remarkably early) at 9:30 am, I came home.

I have just returned from taking the dog for a walk; my headphones were playing songs by Peter Hammill, and as I completed the walk, the song 'Confidence' began. A remarkable co-incidence! Times have changed somewhat since March 2011.

I'm going to read my DBA blogs to get me in the right mood, then I'm going to reread the thesis for what is probably the thousandth time. It certainly won't be for the last time as I assume that the examiners will require some changes, hopefully only minor.

No comments: