Sunday, January 29, 2012

Disappointment - Finance exam results

Supposedly I am to be notified when the results of each MBA exam are posted; I haven't received such notification yet regarding the Finance exam which I took at the beginning of December, but last night I checked once again and noticed that the results have been posted.

There is a saying in Hebrew (I can't remember the equivalent in English) that 'the greater the expectation, the greater the disappointment'. I had expectations of doing very well in this exam and so was greatly disappointed to discover that my mark was only 69%. This is a comfortable pass, of course, even grade A, but I was expecting a higher score.

As I wrote before, the exam was split into two sections: twenty five multiple choice questions (MCQs), each carrying two marks, and two 'open' questions. I expected to get 20 out of the 25 MCQs correct, but my mark shows that I was correct in only 16. Those marks which I thought I had in the bag made quite a difference to my final score.

Oh well. I haven't failed the exam but I have failed myself and so the disappointment is greater. I am now revising for the Negotiation exam (first week of March) and next week I will start my final course, Strategic Management. I have no expectations as regarding Negotiation, so I'll probably surprise myself.

No comments: