Monday, May 23, 2011

Apology

I owe my new Nokia 3710 fold mobile telephone an apology. A few days ago I was moaning about how difficult it is to match a telephone number with a new contact. I discovered today that if I look at the log of callers, I can create a new contact with the unrecognised telephone number directly instead of using the old method (create a new contact then connect the number to the contact). Well done, Nokia: this method is much better.

I also received a usb cable for the telephone, so I could upload my personal ringtones and pictures which I had saved from my old phone. On the old phone, if a contact whose picture I had would call, the entire screen would fill with the contact's picture (thus I could see who was phoning when I wasn't wearing my reading glasses). Now, it seems that the contact's picture is displayed on about a quarter of the phone's screen so it's a bit more difficult to recognise.

No comments: