Friday, August 10, 2007

Nothing new under the sun

I see that nearly two weeks have passed since I last blogged. Nothing much has been happening in that time, or rather nothing extraordinary.

It was my birthday last week; we celebrated by having dinner and watching The Simpsons in a cinema complex just north of Tel Aviv. The film was funny but not overly so; it doesn't match up to Shrek, for example (I haven't yet seen the third installment).

Days have been spent working hard; yesterday was a day full of minor triumphs. By the time evening comes and I've taken the dog for a walk, I'm too tired to do anything.

Satellite TV here is showing the British Channel 4 programme "Skins". So far we've had two episodes. Much more female nudity (including full frontal) than I would have expected from such a programme. I found out from the Internet that it was filmed in my adopted home town, Bristol, but there are few background shots making it hard to recognise the environment. It's not like later episodes of "Teachers" which frequently had recognisable shots of the city.

We went to a fairly religious wedding one evening, an event which deserves an entry of its own. Maybe later today I'll write about it.

No comments: