Sunday, May 17, 2020

Heatwave

A heatwave started yesterday which is forecast to last the entire week. The picture is of our barometer: the lowest figure (40.0) is the temperature outside - that's 40°C!!!

Inside is a mere 29.4°C. The time is not 20:16 but rather 1 pm.

At 9:30 pm yesterday the temperature was around 28°C; I didn't look to see what the temperature was at 5:30 am when I got up to take the dog for a walk but already I could feel the warm wind.

Naturally I am going out as little as possible.

I have to say that as much as I don't like cold, rainy days (I had enough of them in my childhood), they're infinitely better than 40.9°C torrid days (the temperature rose a little more after I took the picture). After all, one can wear a coat, put on boots and carry an umbrella for the rain and cold, but there is nothing that one can do about the desiccating heat.

No comments: