Thursday, March 26, 2020

Days of Corona (2)

I wrote ten days ago that I underwent a surgical removal of a cyst on my neck. If ten days have passed then it's time to have the stitches removed. The surgeon told me (half in jest) that next time I should try and have the cyst in an easier place to get to. The same thing happened today: the nurse couldn't access the stitches which had intertwined with the scab, so she had to call the doctor (GP) who also had problems but eventually succeeded.

So it's another couple of days of antibiotic cream covered with a plaster.

The accompanying picture is just to give an idea of what it is like to visit the clinic these days. One has to call the nurse in advance in order to book an appointment; they call back to say when to come. Outside of the clinic I was outfitted with gloves and mask, which I removed after the treatment had been completed. The gloves go into a bin, then it's wash the hands with alcogel. Incidentally, someone sent me a warning film about alcogel this morning: one has to wait a minute or two after applying before being next to a flame (cooking on a gas stove, lighting a cigarette): people have applied alcogel, lit a flame and then gotten burnt. I don't smoke and I haven't used the stove all week.

Back at home, we've just had a visit from the grandchildren: my wife and I stood on the balcony and waved to our grandchildren who were on the path outside. We can't come any closer than that. I miss them.

No comments: