Thursday, September 26, 2019

Two important events

Two important events in my mundane life occurred today.

I had a demi-annual blood test; I should have most of the results by this evening. The results for free glucose, bound glucose, cholesterol and haemoglobin are of great interest and will cast light upon the changes in life-style which I have made over the past six months. Of course, these results will also influence how I continue.

I submitted the first version of my draft doctoral thesis this morning. As 'Introduction to Business Research 3' (chapter 1.3.2) states: The final draft thesis is submitted to the DBA Research Committee for final review prior to going forward for viva voce examination. After reviewing the final draft thesis, the DBA Research Committee may require modifications before accepting the thesis. The thesis can go forward for viva voce examination only when it has been accepted by the DBA Research Committee.  According to my supervisor, only one person reads the thesis without passing it on to the research committee, as opposed to two people reading and making recommendations to the committee. This difference is important as the next meeting of the research committee is scheduled for mid-November which means about seven weeks of doing nothing for the doctorate.

So I've cleared my desk of obligations; I now have several days' holiday in front of me (it's the Jewish New Year on Sunday, so after today, my next day of work is next Wednesday) with nothing planned to fill them. Maybe I'll work on the video of Pisa/Torino from last year.

No comments: