Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Night walking (2)

Due to various commitments, I couldn't start yesterday evening's power walk until just after 8 pm, at which time it was already dark. So after putting the new collar on the dog, I turned it on so it was glowing bright red. I also turned on my head band torch.

After about five minutes of walking, I bumped into two other groups of walkers: two sisters coming home, and mother and daughter going out. The only illumination that both groups were using was their mobile phones - a poor source of light, and one has to hold it. My mobile phone is safe inside my trouser's pocket. They were all appreciative of my torch, but especially appreciative of the dog's collar.

I don't know whether it was because of the hour and relatively less humidity than most evenings, but I set a new record for distance walked this year (4.56 km) and surprisingly walked this distance at an average of 6.2 km/hour (44:19 mins). This is very encouraging. I haven't weighed myself the last two days, but on Sunday I saw that I had lost more weight, weighing in at 77.7 kg. The walking and swimming is paying off.

No comments: