Saturday, July 27, 2019

10 years of post-graduate study

Ten years ago, I wrote "As of yesterday, I am a fully paid-up student in an MBA programme which is being run at Ramat Gan college. The degree is awarded by Heriot-Watt University, or the Edinburgh School of Business". I didn't go deeply into the reasons for starting that MBA degree, and from there, the doctorate, but today I can state them simply as
  • wanting to alleviate my intellectual 'itch'
  • wanting to see whether I was worth something in objective terms
I can see that both those reasons were fulfilled - one might say, even over-filled. I have learnt a great deal throughout these years although to be honest, I haven't seen myself applying much of the material. What I have learnt is an intellectual rigour which I certainly do apply frequently. 

One thing which I do regret is not making more contacts. As I wrote during the MBA years, everything was anonymous and I only got to know a few people by name. Most people use an MBA degree as a means of making contacts, but that wasn't the case here. On the other hand, I doubt whether there were many ERP managers in the programme.

No comments: