Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Diet, part three

I had a follow-up meeting with 'my' dietician yesterday. She asked me what I had changed in my diet, and I answered that almost everything has changed, in accordance with her directions. I am eating less fruit, more raw vegetables and snack on raw almonds and cashew nuts. Her scales revealed the same weight loss that I had seen at home - 2kg. There is every reason to assume that I will continue to lose weight. She asked me whether I had felt any change: I thought that she meant whether I felt 'lighter' or 'looser', but she actually meant about my appetite. I am pleased to say that I don't feel hungry and that there are rarely pangs for something sweet. I miss the milk, though: the cold liquid which soothes my throat and cools me down. Soy milk almost fills the job description.

I won't have any blood tests until September, but I imagine that these will show a decreased level of glucose, an increase in haemoglobin and improvement in the cholesterol factors.

After getting home (just after 6pm), I took the dog for a long walk. I have found the setting on my new phone which allows MapMyWalk to measure distances - it transpires that certain battery saving settings turn off the phone's GPS, even though the 'location' function still works. We went out for another short walk in the evening, bringing my daily steps total to 11720! On Friday, I managed 13,259 steps: two dog walks in the kibbutz, one long walk, and two walks down to the dining room. All this exercise must be doing some good.

No comments: