Friday, June 08, 2018

Italy 2018 - The best chocolate in the world

Several years ago, we were at Rome airport coming back from Venice when I bought a bar of chocolate. It was the best chocolate that I had ever tasted, but by the time I realised this, it was too late to go back and buy some more. Ever since, I've been on the lookout for this chocolate; I would ask friends who were flying to Italy to buy some and I also tried to order by means of the Internet. I never succeeded.

Today we were walking the streets of Torino when we stopped at a gift shop. The first thing which I saw was the display of chocolate on the left - different products of the Baratti and Milano line. The second thing that I saw was the bar on the bottom shelf, second from the right - Cioccalato extra fondente con Cristalli alla Menta - the chocolate which I have been looking for these past years. I immediately snapped up four bars.

Maybe this time I'll be able to find someone who sells it via the Web. 

Actually, the manufacturers do sell it (I tried this before but something didn't work): the mint chocolate can be found here, at 'only' $9.50 each. I bought four bars for €12!

No comments: