Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The DVD recorder returns!

After an extremely long wait (it took me a week to take the DVD from my house to my son-in-law's, a 200 metre walk, it took him over a week to take the DVD to the repair shop, it took them nearly two weeks to make the repair and then another week for my son-in-law to collect the machine...), the DVD recorder has now been reinstalled at home. I made the wrong connections at first but afterwards sorted everything out, so now the television can display either directly from Yes Max (tivo) or from the DVD, which can record from Yes Max. I have yet to connect the old video recorder to the dvd as I am lacking a cable for this. There isn't much justification for this as there are very few videos which I want to transfer to dvd and haven't done so yet.

I have a large backlog of programmes to be recorded: the second season of 'Madam Secretary' (this will be 22-23 episodes!), the ninth series of 'New Tricks' (eight episodes), a four part series about children's literature, 'Sing Street', 'Bird on a wire' and probably a few other programmes. I can record a 40 minute programme early in the morning - between me getting up and leaving for work - but the films and longer programmes will have to wait for the weekend.

This machine is going to see some heavy work over the next few weeks.

No comments: