Tuesday, October 04, 2016

New Year greetings


By chance, it happened that the evening of the new Jewish year fell on Sunday night; as a result, most people had a very long weekend - from Friday until Tuesday inclusive (or if you prefer, my last working day was on Thursday 29/9 and my next working day will be on Wednesday 5/10). Unfortunately, the weather was inclement: there was a sharav on Sunday and Monday. 

We went to my brother-in-law's house for the celebration on Sunday night and as a result we didn't come home until midnight. I forgot to cancel the alarm clock function on my mobile phone, so I was woken at 5:30am. Unable to get back to sleep, I took the dog for a long walk, but when I came home, I was groggy all day. As a result, I wasn't able to recognise that the headache which developed during the day was due to the weather (in other words, a migraine) and so didn't take the required medicine until about 6:30pm. As a result, by about 8pm, I was extremely tired and went to bed.

Wishing you all the best for the holiday season!

No comments: